Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Programme
About Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua and Barbuda is an independent Commonwealth country comprising its two namesake islands and several smaller ones. Positioned where the Atlantic and Caribbean meet, it’s known for reef-lined beaches, rainforests and resorts.
Its English Harbour is a yachting hub and the site of historic Nelson’s Dockyard. In the capital, St. John’s, the national museum displays indigenous and colonial artefacts.
ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA Citizenship by Investment
Antigua and Barbuda offers a Citizenship by Investment Program, which is regulated by the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Regulations 2014 Act, amended in 2016.
Under this program, individuals that make an economic contribution to the country, may become Antigua and Barbuda’s citizens, along with their dependents.
FActs about ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
Location: Caribbean, North America
Population: 102,000 (2017)
Capital: St. John’s
Currency: East Caribbean Dollar (XCD)
Size: 440 km² (170 sq mi)
Life Expectancy: 76 years old
GDP: $2.73 billion (2019)
GDP per capita: $29,298 (2019)
Timezone: UTC -4
Climate: Average yearly temperature 25°C
Airport: VC Bird International Airport (ANU)
Benefits of ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA Citizenship
- An Antigua and Barbuda passport provides visa-free travel to 147 destinations including the UK, Europe’s Schengen Area, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- No tax on worldwide income.
- No interview required.
- No requirement to travel to Antigua and Barbuda during the application process.
- English speaking country.
- Easy flight connections to North America and Europe.
Eligibility for Citizenship
- Be a least 18 years of age;
- Be a person of good standing with no criminal record
- Reside in Antigua and Barbuda for a minimum of five days within a five year period.
- Invest in one of the three options to obtain Citizenship
What is the Application Process?
Submissions for the Antigua and Barbuda’s Citizienship by Invesment Programme have to go through an agent who is the holder of a citizenship-by-investment program license. The Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship-by-Investment Unit (CIU) is responsible for the processing of all applications.
Step 1 - Application
The applicant must apply in the required government forms, which can only be offered through an agent who is the holder of a citizenship-by-investment program license. These forms are filled out in English.
Step 2 - Obligations
Within 30 days of the letter of approval, the applicant must pay all processing fees and invest in one of the following three requirements:
1. Contribute to the National Development Fund
2. Provide evidence of a Real Estate purchace following the Citizenship-by-Investment Unit’s guidelines
3. Provide evidence of a Business Investment following the guidlines from Citizenship-by-Investment Unit
Step 3 - Citizenship
Passports can be collected in Antigua and Barbuda or applicants can visit an embassy/consulate of Antigua and Barbuda, to both collect passports and to take the oath of allegiance.
What Are the Fees and Contributions?
When considering the merits of applications for Citizenship by Investment Programme, you should be aware of all the relevant application fees.
The following official Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Fees that are payable in respect of each person. The applicant can choose one of these investments to achieve Citizenship.
- US $100,000 non-refundable contribution to the National Development Fund (NDF) for a family of 4 or less
- Processing fees of US$25,000
- US$125,000 non-refundable contribution to the National Development Fund (NDF) for a family of 5 or more.
- Processing fees of US$15,000 for each additional dependent
The contribution can be paid in any fiat currency such as EUR or GBP, or, in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
- US$400,000 investment into an approved real estate project, required to be held for at least 5 years after obtaining citizenship.
- For a single applicant or a family of 4 or less, the Processing Fees are US$50,000
- For a family of 5 or more, the Processing Fees of US$15,000 for each additional dependent
Investment in a Business
- US$1,500,000 investment in an eligible business as a sole investor
- US$5,000,000 joint investment, participated by at least 2 persons and each person individually investing at least US$400,000.
Due Diligence Fees
- Main Applicant – US$7,500
- Spouse – US$7,500
- Children under the age of 18 – US$2,000 each
- Unmarried children aged between 18 and 26 – US$2,000 each
- Dependent parent over the age of 55 – US$4,000 each
Passport and Bank Fees
- Passport fee – US$300 per person
- Processing Fees:
- Donation – US$25,000 (family of 4 or less)
- Real Estate – US$50,000 (family of 4 or less)
- Investment in a Business – US$50,000 (family of 4 or less)
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying for Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship, complete the simple enquiry form below and one of our Senior Consultants will reach out to you for an initial brief. In this call we will discuss your requirements, situation and potential opportunities to explore.
We look forward to hearing from you.