Grenada Citizenship by Investment Programme
Grenada is a Caribbean country comprising a main island, also called Grenada, and smaller surrounding islands. Dubbed the “Spice Isle,” the hilly main island is home to numerous nutmeg plantations. It’s also the site of the capital, St. George’s, whose colourful homes, Georgian buildings and early-18th-century Fort George overlook narrow Carenage Harbour. To the south is Grand Anse Beach, with resorts and bars.
GRENADA Citizenship by Investment
The Grenada Citizenship by Investment Program was launched in 2013 under the regulations of the Grenada Citizenship by Investment Act. Grenada’s pilot scheme allows qualified investors and their family members to apply for citizenship and benefit from visa-free travel.
FActs about GRENADA
Location: Caribbean, North America
Population: 108,000 (2017)
Capital: St. George’s
Currency: East Caribbean Dollar (XCD)
Size: 348.5 km² (134.6 sq mi)
Life Expectancy: 73 years old
GDP: $1.8 billion
GDP per capita: $11,518
Timezone: UTC -4
Climate: Average yearly temperature 27°C
Airport: Maurice Bishop International Airport (GND)
Benefits of Grenadian Citizenship
- The Grenadian passport is the 34th strongest in the world. It offers visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to 141 destinations including the UK and Hong Kong.
- Fast processing of the Citizenship.
- E-2 Visa Program signed between Grenada and the United States allows citizens of Grenada to operate a substantial business in the U.S. and reside therein.
- No tax on worldwide income.
- No physical residency requirements.
- No requirement to travel to Grenada during the application process.
Eligibility fOR cITIZENSHIP
- Be a least 18 years of age;
- Must show proof of funds and the source of the income to make the required investment.
- Must be a person of good standing with no criminal record.
- Be in good health with no contagious diseases.
What is the Application Process?
Submissions for Citizenship in Grenada must go though a registered agent. The government will then process the application and offer citizenship if successful.
Step 1 - Application
You must now complete and apply for Citizenship in Grenada (accompanied by the applications for any dependents). The local government will perform initial checks and issue an acknowledgement.
Step 2 - MEdical
You must undergo a medical examination and provide the medical assessment.
Step 3 - Investment
Fingerprint procedures and subsequently transfer your investment to an escrow account. Investment will be made only in case of application approval.
Step 4 - Citizenship
Once the application is approved, you will receive a certificate of naturalization and applicants can pick up the passport in Grenada/Local Embassy. The whole process takes within 60 days after application submission.
What Are the Fees and Contributions?
When considering the merits of applications for the Grenada Citizenship by Investment Programme, you should be aware of all the relevant application fees.
The following official Grenada Citizenship by Investment Fees are payable in respect of each person.
Applicants can choose one of two ways to invest in Grenada.
Option 1: Donation
- Main Applicant – US$100,000
- Main Applican & Spouse – US$175,000
- Main applicant with up to three dependents (Spouse and two children below 18 years old) – US$200,000
- For each addtional dependant – US$25,000 each
Option 2: Real Estate
- US$200,000 investment in an approved real estate project by the Government of Dominica. This real estate must be held for a minimum of three years.
Due Diligence Fees
Government Fees for Real Estate Option:
- US$25,000 for the main applicant.
- US$35,000 for a family of up to 4 persons (including the main applicant).
- US$50,000 for a family of up to 6 persons (including the main applicant).
- US$70,000 for a family of 7 persons or more (including the main applicant).
Government Fees for Donation Option:
- Main Applicant – US$7,500
- Spouse – US$7,500
- Children under the age of 18 – US$1,200 each
- Unmarried children aged between 18 and 26 – US$1,200 each
- Dependent parent over the age of 55 – US$4,000 each
Passport and Bank Fees
- Passport fee: US$1,200 per person
- Certifcate Issuance Fee: US$750 per application