St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Programme
About ST. KITTS AND NEVIS
Saint Kitts and Nevis is a dual-island nation situated between the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea. It’s known for cloud-shrouded mountains and beaches. Many of its former sugar plantations are now inns or atmospheric ruins. The larger of the 2 islands, Saint Kitts, is dominated by the dormant Mount Liamuiga volcano, home to a crater lake, green vervet monkeys and rainforest crisscrossed with hiking trails.
ST. KITTS AND NEVIS Citizenship by Investment
Saint Kitts and Nevis was the first country to grant citizenship to foreigners in exchange for an economic contribution to the country.
The program was first established in 1984 under Part II, Section 3 (5) of the Citizenship Act, 1984. A foreign-national who donates to the Sustainable Growth Fund or invests in a real estate approved project, may become, together with his or her dependents, a Saint Kitts and Nevis citizen.
FActs about ST. KITTS AND NEVIS
Location: Caribbean, North America
Population: 55,000 (2017)
Currency: East Caribbean Dollar (XCD)
Size: 261 km² (101 sq mi)
Life Expectancy: 71 years old
GDP: $1.75 billion
GDP per capita: $31,095
Timezone: UTC -4 (daylight savings time)
Climate: Average yearly temperature 27°C
Airport: Robert L. Bradshaw Airport (SKB)
Benefits of ST. KITTS AND NEVIS Citizenship
- The St. Kitts and Nevis passport is the 26th strongest in the world. It offers visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to 152 destinations including Hong Kong, Russia and Singapore.
- Accessible international flights to Europe and North America.
- English speaking environment.
- No physical residency requirements.
- No requirement to travel to St. Kitts & Nevis during the application process.
- No interview required.
Eligibility fOR cITIZENSHIP
- Be a least 18 years of age;
- Be a person of good standing with no criminal record;
- Make an investment in one of two paths to Citizenship (read below for more information);
- Proof of funds to make the required investment as well as the source of these funds;
- Be in good health with no contagious diseases.
What is the Application Process?
Submissions for Citizenship in St. Kitts and Nevis must go though a registered agent. The government will then process the application and offer citizenship if successful.
Step 1 - Application
You must now complete and apply for Citizenship in St. Kitts and Nevis (accompanied by the applications for any dependents). The local government will perform initial checks and issue an acknowledgement.
Step 2 - MEdical
You must undergo a medical examination and provide the medical assessment.
Step 3 - Investment
Fingerprint procedures and subsequently either reserve your property through a sales and purchase agreement or transfer your donation to an escrow account. The Investment will be made only in case of application approval.
Step 4 - Citizenship
Once the application has been approved, applicants will receive a certificate of naturalization and they will be able to apply for a passport. The whole process can be completed within four months.
What Are the Fees and Contributions?
When considering the merits of applications for the St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Programme, you should be aware of all the relevant application fees.
The following official St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Fees are payable in respect of each person.
Applicants can choose one of two ways to invest in St. Kitts and Nevis.
Option 1: Donation
- Main applicant can donate to the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF) – US$150,000
- Main applicant with up to three dependents can donate to the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF) – US$195,000
- Additional dependents (no age bracket) – US$10,000 each
- The main applicant can also donate to the Sugar Industry Diversification Fund (SIDF) – US$250,000
Option 2: Real Estate
- Invest in real estate with a minimum value of US$200,000 from an approved real estate development, which cannot be resold within a five-year period
- Invest in real estate with a minimum value of US$400,000 from an approved real estate development, which cannot be resold within a seven-year period
Due Diligence Fees
Government Fees (for Real Estate Option only):
- Main Applicant – US$35,047
- Spouse – US$20,047
- Children under the age of 18 – US$10,047 each
- Unmarried children aged between 18 and 26 – US$10,047 each
- Dependent parent over the age of 55 – US$10,047 each
Due Diligence Fees:
- Main Applicant – US$7,500
- Spouse – US$4,000
- Children under the age of 18 – US$4,000 each
- Unmarried children aged between 18 and 26 – US$4,000 each
- Dependent parent over the age of 55 – US$4,000 each
Passport and Bank Fees
- Passport fee: US$260 per person
- Application Form Fee: US$250 per application