Moldova Individual Investor Programme
Moldova, an Eastern European country and former Soviet republic, has varied terrain including forests, rocky hills and vineyards. Its wine regions include Nistreana, known for reds, and Codru, home to some of the world’s largest cellars. Capital Chișinău has Soviet-style architecture and the National Museum of History, exhibiting art and ethnographic collections that reflect cultural links with neighboring Romania.
Moldova Citizenship by Investment
Launched in 2018, the Moldova Citizenship-by-Investment (MCBI) program was developed by the Government of Moldova.
The MCBI program requires applicants to make an economic contribution to the country through the Public Investment Fund in exchange for Citizenship.
FActs about Moldova
Location: Eastern Europe
Population: 3,550,000 (2017)
Currency: Moldovan Leu (MDL)
Size: 33,846 km² (13,068 sq mi)
Life Expectancy: 71 years old
GDP: $12.03 billion
GDP per capita: $3,399
Timezone: UTC +2/+3 (daylight savings time)
Climate: Average yearly temperature 10.5°C
Airport: Chișinău International Airport (KIV)
UNESCO World Heritage Sites: 1
Benefits of Moldovan Citizenship
- The Moldovan passport is the 49th strongest in the world. It offers visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to 119 destinations including Russia, Turkey and Europes Schengen Area.
- A lower contribution for a European passport
- Full citizenship with passport rights for the applicant and included family members that can be passed down through future generations.
- Citizenship in a state that has entered into an association agreement with the EU and is aiming to become a candidate country for EU membership
Eligibility fOR cITIZENSHIP
- Be a least 18 years of age;
- Contribute to the Public Investment Fund (PIF) (please see below for more information);
- Be a person of good standing with no criminal record.
- Proof of funds to make the required investment as well as the source of these funds;
- Be in good health with no contagious diseases.
What is the Application Process?
Submissions for the Moldovan Citizenship must go through an authorised agent. The local government will then process the application and offer citizenship if successful.
Step 1 - Application
You must complete and apply for Citizenship in Moldova (accompanied by the applications for any dependents). Applicants must also pay relevant due-dillegence fees and provide relevant documents. The government will perform initial checks and issue an acknowledgement.
Step 2 - Contribution
The government will process the application(s) and, if accepted, issue a letter of approval in principle together with an invoice for the balance of the Public Investment Fund (PIF).
Step 3 - Citizenship
The certificate(s) of naturalisation will, if all relevant requirements have been satisfied, be issued three to four months after the date when the application was submitted.
When final payments have been made, biometric data is collected, and an oath of allegiance is pledged. Citizenship will then be granted and the passport issued thereafter.
What Are the Fees and Contributions?
When considering the merits of applications for the Moldovan Citizenship by Investment Programme, you should be aware of all the relevant application fees.
The following official Moldova Citizenship by Investment Fees are payable in respect of each person.
- Main Applicant – €100,000
- Main Applicant & Spouse – €115,000
- Family of four – €145,000
- Family of five or more – €155,000
Due Diligence Fees
- Main Applicant – €5,000
- Spouse – €2,500
- Children under the age of 18 – €1,000 each
- Unmarried children aged between 18 and 26 – €2,500 each
- Dependent parent over the age of 55 – €5,000 each
Due Diligence Fees
- Main Applicant – €6,000
- Other Applicants – €5,000
- Passport fee: €300 per person
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying for Moldova Citizenship, complete the simple enquiry form below and one of our Senior Consultants will reach out to you for an initial brief. In this call we will discuss your requirements, situation and potential opportunities to explore.
We look forward to hearing from you.