Vanuatu Development Support Programme
Vanuatu is a South Pacific Ocean nation made up of roughly 80 islands that stretch 1,300 kilometers. The islands offer scuba diving at coral reefs, underwater caverns and wrecks such as the WWII-era troopship SS President Coolidge. Harborside Port Vila, the nation’s capital and economic center, is on the island of Efate. The city is home to the Vanuatu National Museum, which explores the nation’s Melanesian culture.
VANUATU Citizenship by Investment
Currently, under the Honorary Citizenship Act [CAP 112] of Vanuatu, honorary citizenship can be obtained by a donation through the Development Support Program.
On January 1, 2017, Regulation Order No. 215 and 216 of 2016 came into force which grants, under the Development Support Program, honorary citizenship to foreigners who make certain economic contributions to the Government.
FActs about VANUATU
Location: Pacific Island Country, Oceania
Population: 276,000 (2017)
Capital: Port Vila
Currency: Vanuatu Vatu (VUT)
Size: 12,189 km² (4,706 sq mi)
Languages: Bislama, English & French
Life Expectancy: 72 years old
GDP: $957 million
GDP per capita: $3,327
Timezone: UTC +11
Climate: Average yearly temperature 25.5°C
Airport: Bauerfield International Airport (VLI)
Benefits of Vanuatuan Citizenship
- The Vanuatu passport is the 43rd strongest in the world. It offers visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to 129 destinations including the UK, Russia and Europe’s Schengen Area.
- English speaking environment.
- No personal income tax.
- Fast and easy Citizenship process.
- No requirement to travel to Vanuatu during the application process.
Eligibility fOR cITIZENSHIP
- Be a least 18 years of age;
- Be a person of good standing with no criminal record;
- Make an Donation to the Development Support Program (read below for more information);
- Proof of funds to make the required investment as well as the source of these funds;
- Be in good health with no contagious diseases.
What is the Application Process?
Submissions for Citizenship in Vanuatu must go though a registered agent. The government will then process the application and offer citizenship if successful.
Step 1 - Application
You must now complete and apply for Citizenship in Vanuatu (accompanied by the applications for any dependents). The local government will perform initial checks and issue an acknowledgement.
Step 2 - Medical
You must undergo a medical examination and provide the medical assessment.
Step 3 - Investment
50% of the payment must be done to Vanuatu’s government prior to Citizenship approval, and is not refundable. Within one month, the Citizenship Commission will decide whether to approve the application. If successful and approved an ‘Approval in Principle’ is granted by the government.
Within five days of receipt of the approval in principal, the remaining 50% of the total cost and complete passport application must be paid.
Step 4 - Citizenship
The Commission will issue the certificate of citizenship and will require the passport office to issue the passport(s). A soft copy of the certificate of citizenship and passport will be sent by email to applicants. This process typically takes two to three months to be completed.
What Are the Fees and Investments?
When considering the merits of applications for the Vanuatu Citizenship by Investment Programme, you should be aware of all the relevant application fees.
The following official Vanuatu Citizenship by Investment Fees are payable in respect of each person.
Applicants can choose to donate to the Development Support Program:
- Main applicant – US$160,000
- Married Couple – US$185,000
- Married Couple and one dependent – US$200,000
- Married Couple and two dependents- US$220,000
- Additional Dependents – US$25,000 each
Contributions can be made in US Dollars, Euros or Bitcoin.
Due Diligence Fees
Due Diligence Fees – US$5,000 per applicant
Passport and Bank Fees
Processing Fees – US$160 per applicant