About the Bahamas
The Bahamas is a coral-based archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean. Its 700-plus islands and cays range from uninhabited to packed with resorts. The northernmost, Grand Bahama, and Paradise Island, home to many large-scale hotels, are among the best known. Scuba diving and snorkeling sites include the massive Andros Barrier Reef, Thunderball Grotto (used in James Bond films) and the black-coral gardens off Bimini.
Bahamian Residence Programme
Under the Immigration Act of The Bahamas, a foreign investor may be eligible for a permanent residence permit on the basis of a residential property purchase of at least B$500,000 (US$500,000). The spouse and children of the investor may be included in the application at no additional cost.
The permanent residence permit grants the investor and their dependents the right to live and work in the Bahamas indefinitely.
After 10 years of permanent residency, 7 if married with a Bahamian citizen, you will be eligible to become a citizen, provided that the permanent resident has resided in The Bahamas for a minimum of 6 years.
FActs about the Bahamas
Location: North America
Population: 395,000 (2017)
Currency: Bahamian Dollar (BSD)
Size: 13,878 km2 (5,358 sq. mi)
Languages: English & Bahamian Creole
Life Expectancy: 75 years
GDP: $12.803 billion
GDP per capita: $34,002
Time Zone: UTC -4 / -5
Benefits of Bahamian Residence
- Citizens and permanent residents of the Bahamas do not pay income tax, capital gains tax, or estate tax.
- Great flight links. With a 30-minute flight to Miami and other direct flights to London, Toronto, New York and other major cities.
- Fantastic climate.
- Opportunity to obtain Citizenship within 7 to 10 years.
- No minimum stay requirement.
- An investment-friendly climate. The Bahamas have a great choice of financial institutions, banks, trust companies, insurance companies, corporate service providers, etc.
What is the Application Process?
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying for residence in the Bahamas, complete the simple enquiry form below and one of our Senior Consultants will reach out to you for an initial brief. In this call we will discuss your requirements, situation and potential opportunities to explore.
We look forward to hearing from you.